Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Project To Work On






Back in March when we were visiting our friends in Alabama my friend and I spent an afternoon looking at wallpaper books. She and I both love wallpaper. I found what I wanted for my bedroom and she found her paper, too. After a long wait for the paper (it was on back order)

I finally got my paper so now I'm trying to pick out paint colors. The paper is vines of beautiful pink roses with green leaves and two shades of cream. I'll show you the paper when I get it up but for now I'll keep it for a surprise until it is all done.

When I moved into this house I had a king size canopy bed but it was just a little to big for the room so I sold the bed and mattress and got a queen. I got a metal bed from Penny's but frankly was disappointed in the color. Since the vines and leaves of the roses were an apple green I got some green paint and started experimenting with the paint the day I changed the sheets on the bed. Part of the bed is painted (almost ) What do you think? I mixed a little cream in with it too.

I'll post again the results of the finished product.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the color is wonderful that you used on the bedframe. Can't wait to see that gorgeous sounding wallpaper up!!

I got my spray painter out and went to town today on a dozen or so projects. I just primed them so will have to go back and paint and glaze but it is a start!

blessings
mary

Unknown said...

The frame is lovely and will look even more so when you finish! I think the new color is perfectly beautiful!

I look forward to seeing the finished pics!

Tina

Michele said...

I think the bed is gorgeous, and I love the color you chose!! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product, too!!

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com
Butterfly Whispers