Monday, June 21, 2010

We're Making Progress....

We have got part of the Sheetrock in and tomorrow they will begin to tape and float all the seams. The three sections you see above are on the wall on the back of the room. This is where the garage doors used to be. The center area is where the cabinets will go with the TV on the top. Each of the sections on either side will be closets where I will keep all my fabric, paint and supplies.
This is the wall from the opposite side of the room. In this picture you can see part of the windows and where the entrance to the room is from the backside. In that opening will be a old fashioned looking screen door. That will help keep the dog from getting out when the back door is opened.
Saturday we went tile shopping again and I found the tile for the floor. I have seen a lot of pretty tile while I was out shopping but they just didn't fit into my budget. The one I found is pretty and affordable, so I am happy. We are getting closer each day . So stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

You're making wonderful progress, I can't wait to see how you're going to decorate:) Will there be a chandelier in there somewhere???

The Tin Rabbit said...

Hi! So nice to meet a Pink Sister! Don't you love construction? But it looks like you are almost finished? Looks great!

Jean Tuthill said...

It looks so good and I'm so glad it's all coming together for you. It will be so nice. I like the screen door idea, it sounds so sweet. And it looks like it'll be so bright in there.