Sunday, March 8, 2009

Laundry Room Part 3




Well, the best laid plans of mice and men....as the saying goes. I didn't get accomplished all of what I set out to do this week end but I did get the laundry part of the room completely finished. It is the hardest part of the room because of all the cuts for the door, cabinet, outlets, etc. What is left is a straight shot without anything to paper around.

I am working all week this week as my boss will be off to visit with her family. We changed to daylight savings this week and that will give me an extra hour of light but don't know if I will have any energy left at the end of the day to work on the paper. I'm disappointed that I didn't get the other wall done as it is the wall with all the storage shelves and I am anxious to get some organizing and decluttering done in the garage. Well, I guess I'll just have to try to be patient and wait until I have more time next week end. I have a handy man coming on Saturday to help me dig holes for my roses that have been in their original pots for a year now. Unfortunately I hurt by back many years ago and have a difficult time digging especially if there are a lot of holes I will be relieved though to get them in the ground, at last.

Last Monday I had a huge mesquite tree in my front yard cut down. It was quite a site to watch them take it down. It took about 5 hours for 2 of them to get it done. The tree had 2 trunks and half of it towered over my house. That is the part that took so long as they had to take it down branch by branch. Unfortunately the tree was on it's way out and I wanted down before part of it landed on my roof. Not a good thing!!

The weather here has gotten quite warm and all the trees are beginning to leaf out so Spring is definitely on its way. Love to see all the beautiful flowers and warm breezes... Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The laundry room is coming along beautifully! Have you decided if / where you will use the border?

Sandy you need to put your room on Met Monday- I know everyone would love to see what you have done!

blessings
mary

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Its looking good! sorry about your back, I know what you are going through, I broke mine in '92 and really have to stay healthy or the pain comes back.

Jean Tuthill said...

Your laundry room is beautiful and a great addition to your home. I love the wallpaper you chose. It'll be completely done before you know it!

Barb said...

You did a fantastic decorating job in your laundry room!
Thanks much for your recent "visit" to my blog and for your sweet comment.
Holly and Molly are adorable. Love your blog header and all the beautiful photos of your "vintage" items.

Neabear said...

I am behind on reading blogs. Happens when life gets busy. Your laundry room is looking good so far. Good thing to get that tree down before it falls down. A tree close to our house looked dangerous and our park managers arranged to have it taken down. I sleep better knowing it is down now.